Remote Office is an online facility designed for companies and entrepreneurs whose general/daily activities border on only office operations like services provision. All office duties are carried out on this portal with total satisfaction of their the company’s clients.
WHAT PROBLEM DOES REMOTE OFFICE SOLVE?
In most developed and developing countries where ICT is appreciated, teleworking/telecommuting is hugely becoming the trend. This is owing to the huge benefits accruing to teleworking/telecommuting. But what do they really mean?
Telecommuting/ Teleworking is working from a remote location outside of a traditional office. The remote location can be from home, a coffee shop, or hotel room. The Internet, faxes, phones, webcams and instant messaging are some of the technological advances like REMOTE OFFICE that enable this type of work arrangement.
It allows employees work at home or at a local telework center one or more days per week using communication tools, to perform work duties from a remote location.
The solution – Remote Office (RO) has its huge benefits embedded in the benefits of telecommuting/teleworking as it makes life easier for both employer and employees. We describe Remote Office (RO) as an online building where all workers of a particular service company assemble. Because it’s not physical, work is done from anywhere at the convenience of both the employer and employee and adequate reports given and monitored. All activities and services carried out and rendered respectively, in physical offices can be done on Remote Office as it’s well equipped with formidable Services Departmental reporting features.
Advantages of Remote Office/Teleworking to the Employer
- Reduced costs from not having to provide office space for the teleworker.
- Teleworkers can be more productive because they do not suffer the interruptions to their work that they would in an office.
- Improved motivation
- Reduced levels of stress
- This can prevent excuses and absent cases of employees due to illness.
- An employer might be able to retain an employee by allowing them to work part time from home when their personal circumstances change.
To the Employee
- Teleworking frees up the time each day spent travelling to work
- Saves the cost of using a car or public transport to travel to work
- Provides an opportunity for flexible working around career responsibilities
- Provides a better balance between work and family life
In addition, Remote Office has:
- A database it works with and so export from time by the company to time would aid proper documentation in their hard and soft archives.
- An employee monitoring mechanism
- Information of Employees are well secure and protected
- More…in the readme.txt file which is the manual containing the installation procedures and features.